The game got a lovely overview, alongside a bunch of other cool adventures, here in this video
A downloadable cool game
Welcome to Brave Zenith!
Brave Zenith is a post-fantasy tabletop RPG, set in a world inspired by Brazilian culture and long summer nights playing JRPGs on a pirated PS1. With a set of simple interpretative rules, that focus on player creativity and imagination, explore the ruined world of pastpresent, meet colourful (and deadly) creatures, see the sights of the Second City, partake in delicious Monkey Oil and become an adventurer:
Ambitious, indebted, BRAVE.
Physical copies available here: https://soulmuppet-store.co.uk/products/brave-zenith
Simple resolution mechanic: roll 2d6, add bonuses, compare to a target number. That's pretty much it.
- Humans - lovers of ideology, probably depressed (and responsible for ending the world).
- Catfolk - cats that walk and talk, lovers of food and hospitality.
- Jellies - wobbly and goofy, unburdened by tradition, possibly delicious.
- Freelancer - Hit stuff, be strong, wear a cool jacket.
- Mixologist - Make up your very own special grog, get drunk, make friends.
- Thief - Steal stuff, create disguises, leave no locked door behind.
- Magic User - Create spells, manipulate the mists, wear a cool hat!
- Dancer - Feel the secret rhythm of the world, turn your body into a weapon.
- Hunter - Become one with nature, use your poisonous tongue, get a cool pet.
Referee Section: a complete tool set to help you run your Brave Zenith games.
Bestiary: face over 10 unique creatures in your adventures:
- Capymera - Half capybara, half jabberwocky, 100% monstrous.
- Observer - Eldritch sea urchins with laser eyes. Behold their glory.
- Mermaids - Kids turned into 4 armed sea creatures, ready to steal your stuff.
A complete starter adventure, ZANDOR'S MANSE:
You won a magical lamp out on a night of drinking and gambling, but instead of a wish you got a job: clean the mansion of a lazy and cruel genie before he returns or die trying.
Game Design: Giuliano Roverato & Rodrigo Melchior
Logo Design: Bruno Sabino
Graphic Design/Layout: Tatyane Frankalino
Editing: Vitor B J Mattos “Maik”
Project Management: Matthew Sanders & Zachary Cox
In order to download this cool game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $12.50 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this cool game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you are struggling, get a free copy here, no questions asked.
Every copy sold adds 5 community copies
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
It's kind of a weird thing to notice, but I love that the objects in the goo man's hands are bigger when viewed through his goo.
I can't afford this right now, but I wanna pick it up later.
An unique beach inspired adventure for Brave Zenith: https://maik-malaik.itch.io/zenith-beach-brave-sails
The creator of Into the Odd did a readthrough of the book a couple of months ago, a good way to see if this game is right for you!
This is an article explaining a bit more of the project that helped make Brave Zenith (and a bunch of other games) into reality!
A couple of months ago I was a guest at the Not DnD podcast, where I talked at length about Brave Zenith's design, its influences and the experience of making the game.